Technical Sales and Support
Technical Sales and Support Summary:
The technical sales and support function is both outbound sales focused and inside support for all the product lines of EDP.
The position requires an individual who is technically curious, a team player, competitive and driven to win while also being aggressive about improving processes and product. The role requires a strong work ethic, commitment to setting and achieving goals, a positive attitude, self-motivation, collaborative, and great communication skills. The ability to be a good listener, be perceptive, ask insightful questions, maintain humility and confidence while patiently pursuing sales.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The position’s primary focus will be growing and supporting top line, specifically:
- Individually sourcing new customers either directly or by working through channel partners
- Provide proactive sales support – ensuring successful sales journey from awareness to closing. Responsible for all the technical aspects of the sales process including preparation and presentation of the demo’s, Statements of Work (SOW), pilots, on-site installation and follow-up.
- Provide Level 1 (Basic help desk resolution) and Level 2 (In-depth technical support) assistance. This requires an understanding of the technology, familiar with the programming languages used and having a solid knowledge of the customer applications and integration (tags, hardware and software) to optimize the solution’s performance.
- Able to follow the “consultative sales” approach in determining the customer’s needs and proper solution, through listening and follow up questions. Articulating their goals and presenting a compelling solution, both verbally and in writing. Although the preferred solution will always be the standard product, often the solution may require some customization, thus requiring creative solutioning using customized applications, add-ons, and custom development.
- Capable of presenting the solution through both webinars and on-site meetings
- Accountable and KPI driven
- Required to travel in order to deliver services as required, develop personal relationships with the customers and attend trade shows.
- Having a thorough understanding of the complete line of EDP products, applications, functionalities, marketing programs, production, and development in order to address customer issues, hardware compatibility to ensure a great customer experience.
- Evaluate and qualify new hardware to ensure it meets the required functionality in the field.
- Expand the customer self-help capabilities like FAQ’s.
- Ability to quote all EDP hardware and software products.
- Strong command of EDP pricing models and the underlying COGS. product and software costs so as to hit the targeted margins.
- Cultivate and manage relationships with vendors –working along with the procurement managers to ensure the product meets the specifications required.
- Improve internal processes that affect the customer journey. Be involved in the planning, vendor research, design, testing, training and implementation of specialty product and software offerings.
- Participate in the testing and design of software.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Previous technical sales experience required
- Five+ years’ experience in software and hardware industry
- Excellent communication, project management, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with asset tracking and or RFID a plus
- Previous experience in small fast-growing company a plus
Although extensive, this is this is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the position as it is expected that the company will develop and grow along with the individual.